Monday, June 1, 2009

engagement party

This post is way overdue...my parents threw an Engagement Party for us back in March. It was a great time with family & friends and deeeelicious Filipino food. Mmm. My family decorated with pink & green lanterns and a huge arrangement of pink & white flowers for one of the tables. I will always remember the night because it absolutely downpoured all the way up to and through the party! I hope a deluge at the engagement party is good luck. Anyway, enjoy some pictures that Aunt Debbie took...

Holly (maid of honor) and Aunt Debbie

Holly & Shane

Mom, Dad & me

Ashley (bridesmaid) and her husband Chris

Jon (groomsman) & Ashley, also the back of Danny's head (another groomsman)

Meg (bridesmaid) & her husband Kyle, with a good friend of both Ryan & I, Tricia

the buffet - we had chicken adobo, lumpia (eggrolls), chicken pansit (kinda like stirfried angel hair noodles, veggies etc), barbeque pork on a stick, and rice. The catering was done by Ingrid & Myra of I & M Catering. They did an amazing job and were so easy to work with.

The cake! I love the rubber duckies topper - since I'm going to be a Duckworth in just 3 months! In the background is a frame with some of our favorite engagement pictures, and also pans full of the cutest pink & green sugar cookies, iced with all different patterns and cut into C's and R's. Holly is a very great baker!

I also really loved the lumpia. This is me going back after dessert.

I REALLY enjoyed the mango crepes. I think I had about 6 of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment