Monday, July 27, 2009

my first shower

One of the most exciting recent events was my first bridal shower. It was thrown by Joyce Reimer, the wife of our officant, Dr. Jon Reimer. I've known her a very long time, feels like my whole life :)


Aunt Joyce knows how to entertain! She had an amazing array of food, soooo delicious!


I was so glad to see so many familiar faces from my hometown church, many of whom I also feel like I've known forever :)


We started out eating and then Aunt Joyce led us all in a devotion. First, she reminded me of the story of Mary & Martha (luke 10:38-42) and how during this busy, crazy time, it's important to sit at Jesus feet and not get caught up with all the prepartions. After that, she shared some thoughts from a book called A Woman After God's Own Heart. The main thing I learned was a new appreciation for the word "sure." :) She gave me a copy of the book and I can't wait to start reading it. Any girls out there want to read it with me?

After Aunt Joyce shared, her 2 daughter-in-laws also shared their thoughts on the book & marriage, and some other ladies shared too. It was a really sweet time of fellowship and I certainly learned a lot!

Then was time to open presents! I wish had more & better quality pics but this is all that I got off my mom's camera.



It was such a fun time, definitely something I will remember forever. It was great to spend time with the ladies from my church, Ryan's mom, and some of my mom's coworkers. I'm so thankful for all of the wonderful women in my life :) And I was blessed with lots of new kitchen & bathroom stuff that I can't wait to share with Ryan! Thanks to everyone who could make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment