Tuesday, July 14, 2009

weekend recap

Did I "survive" my first dress fitting? Well yes I did :) Thankfully, it still fits. The biggest alteration will be shortening the dress, since it is about 2 feet too long on me. It was really fun, and I wish I could show you pictures, but then that would just ruin everything now wouldn't it? My mom, sister, and my mom's friend Phyllis came with me. I love Phyllis because she knows how to sew, and we tried to figure out how they made the veil I really want. It's almost $300!! But I haven't been able to find a veil like it anywhere else. I'll keep looking though.

Here's a picture I can show you though...Holly in her Maid of Honor dress! I don't think it's bad luck to share these. She is getting a different dress from the bridesmaids, because she's that special :) It's wrinkled from shipping, but you get the idea. I just love the back!

On an earlier trip, she modeled the bridesmaids' dresses. I love these so much, especially the cap sleeves!


After the dress fitting, I went home and found that a wedding present had been shipped to the house. I honestly hadn't been expecting anything, and was quite curious as to what it could be & who it was from. Well, surprise of surprises, it was from one of the voiceover talents I work with occasionally out in LA. I have never actually "met" him - we only talk over the phone when we have promos to record. But he totally surprised me and sent a wedding gift - 8 placemats and 8 napkins from Macy's. He totally made my day!


Also after the dress fitting, Holly & I spent many hours addressing invitations. My dad did his calligraphy on all the inner envelopes, but he ended up not being able to address all the outer envelopes. So, he gave Holly & I a little crash course on calligraphy and we tried our hardest to address the envelopes as beautifully as he would have. I forgot to take pictures of Dad's calligraphy, but here are some older photos from a weekend where we assembled everything. The invitations were kind of a pain to put together, but Holly was a pro and caught on quickly!




I got back to Atlanta on Sunday and did a little shopping. I found some great summer dresses at Old Navy! I think the yellow one will be good for the shower this weekend, and the pink one for my Atlanta shower & bachelorette in early August. The pink one is my favorite shade of pink, one of our wedding colors :)

I also stopped by Nine West, my favorite shoe store, and got these for the wedding day. I'm a flip flop kind of girl and can't imagine wearing anything else on my wedding day, hehe. Plus, they were on sale! Can't beat that.

No comments:

Post a Comment