Friday, August 27, 2010

the ceremony - vows

Alrighty...now with everyone in the sanctuary, it was time for my daddy to walk me down the aisle. Notice his traditional Filipino formal dress, the barong tagalog. So stylish!

Although we had already seen each other before the ceremony, it's an entirely different feeling when you hear the church bells ring, the doors open, and your groom waiting for you at the altar! Wow. Took my breath away! I can only hope Ryan felt the same way, and judging from his smile, I think he did :) (Music: God of Our Fathers, Whose Almighty Hand)







You can't see it, but our ceremony opened in prayer, specifically "The Lord's Prayer" recording of my Nana when she sang it at my mom's wedding.

Dr. Jon with the charge and message:

Holly on flute, Jeanine on vocals and Mrs. JoAnn on piano with "O Perfect Love"
We did traditional vows and the we read vows that we had written ourselves. I memorized mine and Ryan read his. He made me laugh :)
My vows:

As God created Eve as a help meet for Adam, so I promise to be your helper in everything we endeavor. I promise to support you, to affirm you, and to put my whole heart into building up our family.

As the church submits to Christ as head, so I promise to submit to your authority. I promise to honor and respect you, and I pledge you my loyalty and love.

As God showed us the ultimate love through His Son, so I promise to strive for that kind of sacrificial love in our relationship. I promise to pray for you daily. And I promise to continue to be your best friend, to stick closer to you each day, and to stay with you through all adversity.

We have already come through so much, and I know with God's help we will stay strong and finish strong. This is my covenant with you.

Ryan's vows:

I am glad that I don't have to imagine another day in my life without you. Proverbs 18:22 says "He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord." I stand here today, ready to take you as my wife, knowing that I have more than a good thing, I have my best friend.

God calls on the man to be the spiritual head of the home. I promise to lead you forward, growing in our love and knowledge of Christ, from this day forward. I will make sure we are active in our Church, community, and life.

I promise to keep things interesting, to never forget how to have fun. I will help keep our sense of adventure, and always try new things.

I promise to always be a calm, patient husband, not sweating the small stuff, and work through anything that troubles us. I promise to put your needs first. I promise to always be there for you, and love you until the day I die.


No comments:

Post a Comment