Sunday, August 29, 2010

reception - cake & toast

The first time I saw the cake, I thought, perfect! Exactly what I wanted.

And then we cut into it...

Thankfully, Lauren didn't catch any pictures of surprise. Our cake was the wrong flavor!!! Of course, on the scale of bad things that could have happened, this doesn't compare to having the swine flu. But, I had wanted a chocolate wedding cake ever since I can remember...yes, even as a little girl! So, I was disappointed. I had ordered chocolate & strawberry and got vanilla. Oh well. It was pretty and I heard that it was tasty. After Ryan & I fed each other a bite, we didn't eat any more so I'm not really sure! I will save the story for what we did with the top layer for another day :)

Around this time, we also had toasts from Matt & Holly. Holly prepared something short & sweet, basically congratulating me on finding my prince :)

Then Matt toasted and had some hilarious stories to tell. He talked about Ryan hitting him with a golf club and having him hold onto a moving garage door growing up. You know, brotherly love and all that. My favorite part is when he said Ryan was marrying me for my Braves tickets. We enjoyed his toast!

No comments:

Post a Comment