Thursday, August 26, 2010

gifts to each other


You may have noticed that in some of the previous pictures, I had a necklace on and then some of them, I don't have a necklace on. That's because at some point, we went inside and exchanged our gifts to each other! Welcome respite from the heat. So you already know that Ryan got me a beautiful necklace. Funny story...I had been at Windsor a couple wks before and was looking for a gift for him. And at the same time, I had realized that my pearl necklace was the wrong shade of pearl for my dress. So I wanted a new pearl necklace and found just the perfect one. And I thought...I could just buy it or...I could hint to Ryan about it. Well you can guess what I did :) He went, I think that same weekend, with his mother and looked at the necklace. And lo and behold, it ended up around my neck on our wedding day! Isn't Ryan wonderful? :)


So what did I get Ryan? Silver cufflinks engraved with his initials. I took Ryan with me to Windsor so I could at least get a good idea of what he liked since this would be his first set of cufflinks. He picked out a couple different ones, but I ultimately made the decision so he would be at least a little surprised on our wedding day!



We had talked beforehand about gifts and we both wanted to do something timeless and classic. Something we would still have and use when we are old and gray. I think both gifts fit that criteria and also are a pretty good reflection of who we are as a couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment