Saturday, August 28, 2010

reception - dances

If you know me, you know I LOVE to dance. One of my coworkers is getting married soon and she's smartly seating us right next to the dance floor. Hooray!

Ryan and I danced our first dance to Pat Green's "Lucky Ones." Early in our relationship, we went to a Pat Green concert and we both love this song! One thing I wish we had done beforehand was practice dancing to it or even learn a dance. At first we just laughed and talked, but then when we really got into the song we just kinda moved around. I don't know if that was boring to watch or what, but oh well! We had fun :)




The lucky ones for a moment or two get to fall in love with somebody like you


Daddy-daughter dance: Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman
What can I say about this song...Cinderella has been a favorite of mine since I was a toddler basically! When I first heard this song on the radio, I said, that's it. Daddy-daughter dance. Like it was written for me! :) Again, you will see how much my Dad LOVES high fives!




Mother-daughter dance: I Am Your Child by Barry Manilow





Anniversary dance: When I Fall in Love by Nat King Cole
I love this dance...married couples out on the dance floor according to how long they'd be married. First out - Mary Lou & Lenny Fischer. They'd been married over 50 years! Sadly, this is one of the last times we saw Lenny. He passed away in July. But we still look at this picture with so much joy in remembering their amazing marriage and his life.


I hope everyone had as good a time as I did dancing!

No comments:

Post a Comment